4 jul 2016

Trip to Sigulda

Hello! It's Jordi!

My placement work offer me a free tour to one of the most beautiful cities in Latvia, Sigulda.
It is located not far away from Riga, just an hour and 20 minutes by car.
The first stop we made was in a farm where me and two other tourists were able to touch a deer, after that we visited a fantastic castle in the heart of Sigulda.

If that castle was not enough later we visited another castle not far away from there, that one was bigger than the Sigulda castle and there are fantastic views from the top of the tower.



Then we visited the center of Sigulda, a really cute place, almost everything is covered by grass and there are also a lot of leafy trees so while we were enjoying about that heavenly place our guide was explainig to us what happened there when the Russians ivaded the city.

 After that we found a nice place to eat typical food , while we were eating we discussed about the possibility to go to Cesis where there is an stunning castle over there. 


 Before we went to Cesis we had made some other stops, the first one was in a cave where the people from the 13th century wrote their names in the rocks and the the other one was near a lake where a family were selling some sculptures made of iron and stone.

Finally we arrived to that huge castle, the biggest I have ever seen. There was a festival next to the castle about "lamps", I don't know what that means but I suppose that is something relationed with party.
 
After our last stop we were glad to return to the car, we visited a lot of places in a really short period of time so we were really satisfied with ourselves.

Finally in home I just relaxed so, I used my time sleeping for the rest of the weekend. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario